2011 was a great year for me and my Art. For my first post I thought I might share a list of some highlights.
• I was selected in Sculpture by the Sea (Bondi) and produced a memorable work that won the $10000 Sydney Water Enviromental Prize and received a lot of media attention in Australia and around the world. Crown Prince Frederick and Crown Princess Marry of Denmark even had the decency to come all the way to Australia to visit it.
• I was selected as a finalist for the Blake Prize which was a great honour to be part of.
• I was selected as a finalist for the Mosman Art Prize.
• I was selected as a finalist for the Brunswick Street Gallery Art prize.
• I was also selected as a finalist for the inaugural Sculpture at Scenic World exhibition in the Blue Mountains. (Exhibition opens on 15th Feb 2012)
• My 2010 Blake Prize entry titled ‘House of God’ was included in the 2011 Religious Diary produced by David Lovell Publishing.
• I sold a small sculpture titled ‘Snakes Alive’ at Sculpture Inside at Sculpture By the Sea (Bondi).
Hopefully 2012 can be as good.